What are your team key projects?
Warsaw Institute of Aviation collaborates with General Electric on the development of a new GE’s Catalyst turboprop engine, which brings a step change in performance and pilot simplification to the BGA market. As the design engineer you will join one of our mechanical design teams in area of Structures, Rotor, or Bearing & Sump design. You will contribute to the work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions to resolve issues of moderate complexity, by taking timely action and/or short-term planning and by applying sound engineering principles and judgment.
You will work on
- Execute with guidance the analysis, and design required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and product requirements;
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures;
- Communicate results of technical data generated;
- Prepare and present technical data to internal customers;
- Participate effectively on a project team;
- Be accountable for task execution;
- Complete assigned tasks on time and on budget;
- Prioritize and plan tasks with supervisory guidance.
What we expect from you?
- BSc/MSc in Engineering or similar field;
- Good knowledge of mechanical design and turbomachinery design and operation principles;
- Working knowledge of Unigraphics and Ansys, or similar modeling and simulation software;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good English in writing and speech;
- Openness, positive attitude and inclusiveness.