What are your team key projects?
You will be leading data science projects for large digital industrial company within GE Aviation Operating System that is focused on improving end to end business processes across corporate verticals.
You will work on
- Creating models against large dataset
- Proposing new solutions to inventory optimization and forecasting problems
- Evaluating current solutions, compare with alternatives, compose appropriate metrics
- Preparing rapid prototypes to prove new concepts
- Advising which problems to focus on, based on estimated benefits /added customer value
- Continuously learning about the science of inventory optimization and practical challenges of supply chain management
- Spreading knowledge and understanding of new solutions within the team and communicate externally
- Operational research simulations and modelling
What we expect from you?
- Relevant university degree (preferred at least Master of Science degree in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science)
- Significant experience in working as Data Scientist or Operational Researcher
- Experience with supply chain or services optimization will be a plus
- Strong Quantitative skills (Understanding of modeling, statistics, optimization techniques)
- Familiarity in dealing with large time series data sets (Big Data)
- Fundamental knowledge on statistical and analytical design and technologies (SQL, Python, Spark, R, JMP etc.)
- A business acumen and willingness to explore the wide context of each task
- Great communication skills, experience working in a cross-functional, agile team
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a highly multi-tasked environment
- Fluent English skills both verbal and written