EDC Avionics team consists of software, system and hardware engineers. We are proud to develop our products for the leading air-framers, like Boeing or Gulfstream, as well as conducting research projects in cooperation with Lukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation. Wide range of applications and customers generates the needs for engineers skilled in multiple areas with various specialties.
As an Avionics Embedded Software Engineer you will have the possibility to dive into the design, development and verification of both safety critical products and tools used to support their certification processes. You will be challenged to take an innovative approach to problem-solving under rigid safety rules and to contribute to the growth of organization.
You will work on
- Executing the requirements, design, implementation and verification of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements
- Documenting technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Developing requested functionalities within maintained tool set
- Providing timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participation on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participation as a presenter in technical and program reviews
What we expect from you?
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in designing and implementing embedded software (C, C++, Assembler, Ada, SCADE)
- Knowledge of Python programming language (one of the following: C++, C#, HTML 5 will be an advantage)
- Basic knowledge of QT library (desirably: PyQt)
- Experience of software design life-cycle within embedded systems (safety critical system will be advantage)
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Good oral and written communication skills both in Polish and English
- Good problem solving and solution building skills
- Effective cooperation in multinational environment
- Demonstrable success achieving and exceeding internal and external customer milestones
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B / EUROCAE ED-12B or similar rigorous development standard
- Experience of target hardware like ARM, PowerPC, Coldfire, PIC Microcontroller, AVR, digital signals processors.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (QNX, RTOS)
- Experience with GUI application design