What are your team key projects?
Software solutions we deliver are supporting GE and its customers. You will create applications for aviation and power industry engineers which have a huge impact on managing the production of engineering parts. You could also support local web solutions, such as applications for business projects management.
You will work on
- Applications and tools development to fulfil specific business needs and requirements following best industry standards
- Collaborating with system engineers, analysts and stakeholders on a daily basis to clarify requirements and align expectations for created software with ongoing progress
- Breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Providing support and mentoring team members
- Demonstrating the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Helping in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serving as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules
- Driving design reviews, defining interfaces between code modules, and applying existing technology to designs
- Assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
What we expect from you?
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of NodeJS eco-system (npm, bower, mocha, jasmine)
- Familiarity of at least one UI frameworks like Polymer, AngularJS/Vue.js, React 1+, Angular 2+
- Familiarity of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge on microservice architecture, ability to efficiently consume REST services
- Awareness of TDD methodology, development automation and CI / CD concepts
- Previous experience with agile / Scrum methodology or willingness to work in such
- Additional experience on any backend language like Java, Scala is a plus
- Good knowledge of English