Engineering Design Center (EDC) is an engineering alliance between General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o. and Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation
What are your team key projects?
Software solutions we deliver are supporting GE and its customers. You will create applications for aviation and power industry engineers which have a huge impact on managing the production of engineering parts. You could also support local web solutions, such as applications for business projects management.
You will work on
- Applications and tools development to fulfil specific business needs and requirements following best industry standards
- Collaborating with system engineers, analysts and stakeholders on a daily basis to clarify requirements and align expectations for created software with ongoing progress
- Breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Providing support and mentoring team members
- Demonstrating the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Helping in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serving as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules
- Driving design reviews, defining interfaces between code modules, and applying existing technology to designs
- Assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
What we expect from you?
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of NodeJS eco-system (npm, bower, mocha, jasmine)
- Familiarity of at least one UI frameworks like Polymer, AngularJS/Vue.js, React 1+, Angular 2+
- Familiarity of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge on microservice architecture, ability to efficiently consume REST services
- Awareness of TDD methodology, development automation and CI / CD concepts
- Previous experience with agile / Scrum methodology or willingness to work in such
- Additional experience on any backend language like Java, Scala is a plus
- Good knowledge of English