Engineering Design Center (EDC) is an engineering alliance between General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o. and Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation
What are your team key projects?
You will create applications for aviation and power industry engineers which have a huge impact on managing the production of engineering parts. You could also support local web solutions, such as applications for business projects management.
- You will work in organization of 80+ professionals delivering solutions for GE and its customers
- We are promoting agile development methodologies (each team, from 6 to 12 people, has a Scrum Master and Product Owner, QA/DevOps engineer, UX, Technical Architect and programmers)
- We are committed to software craftsmanship, ensuring that our staff is continuously developing their skill set, technical and soft skills. DevChapter (developer driven learning/knowledge sharing program), external and internal trainings, AWS certification are some examples
- You may get a chance to work on products directly supporting GE internal processes revolving around GE Aviation business. However we also deliver solutions locally (i.e. time management system) and in some cases work with external customers.
- We strongly believe in teams taking total ownership of their products, from shaping product vision with Product Owner, through making critical decisions about how requirements should be translated into solution, to supporting product via DevOps practices
- 70% of our solutions are cloud based (AWS and Predix), remaining are being migrated. Some of our teams work with Java/Spring, some use Node as their backend. Frontend frameworks are chosen depending on product and team expertise (Vue.js, React, Angular)
- You’ll be expected to commit to the team, be a good team player, communicate your ideas and issues clearly, whether in form of Code Review, design meetings/reviews, daily standup meeting or other interactions with team
You will work on
- Applications and tools development to fulfil specific business needs and requirements following best industry standards
- Collaborating with system engineers, analysts and stakeholders on a daily basis to clarify requirements and align expectations for created software with ongoing progress
- Identifying the scope of the work and means to achieve it, diving into details to understand benefits and drawbacks of taken approach
- Actively participating in planning sessions and scrums regarding both features and technical roadmap for built platform
- Applying best practices throughout the day to deliver best outcomes, share discoveries and gained knowledge during the process among other members of the team
- Question status quo of taken decisions to gain understanding of business
- Proactive engagement in discussions, both technical and business related to share own ideas and different view on given subject
What we expect from you?
- BSc/MSc degree
- Experience in one of the UI frameworks like Polymer, AngularJS/Vue.js, React 1+, Angular 2+.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Good knowledge of English
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database related topics
- Familiarity with tools like Git,Maven
- Additional experience on any backend language like Java, NodeJS, Scala is a plus
- Previous experience with Agile / Scrum methodology or willingness to work in such
- Knowledge on microservice architecture (including cloud infrastructure provider like Cloud Foundry / AWS)