What are your team key projects?
Aviation Systems at EDC develops aerostructures design (wing, nacelles) and is expanding its scope of activities to other aircraft components.
Due to engagement in new projects, there is strong demand for mechanical design engineer, who will design new aircraft components.
You will work on
- Designing and development of new aircraft components
- Support build of prototype units
- Participation in testing and design validation
- Assuring proper documentation (CAD Models, 2D drawings, reports and manuals) of technical data generated to substantiate assigned components/ assemblies consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Monitoring and communicating project status internally and externally for related activities
- Participation as a presenter or reviewer in technical/ program reviews in person or remotely
- Sharing technical knowledge within the group and across the organization
- Demonstrating proficiency with core technical tools, methods and concepts
What we expect from you?
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- Practical industrial experience in mechanical design would be an advantage
- Experience in CAD tools and GD&T knowledge
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, knowledge of aerospace manufacturing techniques and typical aerospace materials would be an advantage
- Demonstrated team work and self-reliance in assigned tasks
- Target oriented, responsible, open minded, problem solving attitude, "can do" approach
- Demonstrated high written and verbal communication skills, good English (spoken & written)
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to travel abroad and work with global team members across cultural boundaries
- Willingness to continuous learning and sharing best practices within the organization