EDC Avionics team was established in 2013 and right now there is more than 70 software and systems engineers who are working on the electronic systems for the aircrafts. We are proud to develop our products for the leading airframers, like Boeing or Gulfstream. EDC Avionics team is also involved in the projects that are developed by Warsaw Institute of Aviation. Research and development activities are related to the innovative projects that the Institute is working on.
Wide range of applications and customers generates the needs for engineers skilled in multiple areas, from the widely known and used programming languages like Python, C/C++, Assembler, to those that are designed for the safety critical devices software like Ada. There are also techniques that involve usage of Model Based development (Matlab, Simulink / SCADE), formal methods.
You will work on
As a Embedded Software Engineer you will have the possibility to dive into the design and development of both software verification tools and a real-time embedded software within an integrated team environment. You will take an innovative approach to problem-solving and share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organisation.
- Develop requested functionalities within maintained tool set
- Execute the requirements, design, implementation and verification of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews
What we expect from you?
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in designing and implementing embedded software (C, C++, Assembler, Ada)
- Knowledge of Python programming language (one of the following: C++, C#, HTML 5 will be an advantage)
- At least basic knowledge of QT library (desirably: PyQt)
- Experience of software design life-cycle within embedded systems (safety critical system will be advantage)
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Good oral and written communication skills both in Polish and English
- Good problem solving and solution building skills
- Demonstrable success achieving and exceeding internal and external customer milestones
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B / EUROCAE ED-12B or similar rigorous development standard
- Experience of target hardware like ARM, PowerPC, Coldfire, PIC Microcontroller, AVR, digital signals processors.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (QNX, RTOS)
- Experience with GUI application design