What are your team key projects?
The primary role of the Hydraulic Analysis Engineer is to carry out preliminary and detailed hydraulic analysis of the Subsea Control System in accordance with customer and international specifications. Analysis engineers are involved in all stages of project lifecycle including FEED studies, tenders, project execution, services, and New Product Introduction (NPI). The analysis group covers all products in the subsea controls product line, including Production Control Systems (PCS), and intervention systems (IWOCS). In addition there is a requirement for performing general hydraulic circuit modelling to assist in detailed equipment design, fault finding and technical investigations.
You will work on
- Undertaking provisional / preliminary hydraulic performance analyses to support the tendering process.
- Producing preliminary performance results and identify key and marginal parameters as well as system expansion limitations.
- Providing input to the tender risk review in terms of achieving Customer performance requirements.
- Defining all information required through the project interface coordinator in order to undertake detailed hydraulic analyses.
- Undertaking a detailed hydraulic performance analysis considering worst and best case operating conditions and initial and full-field expansion – utilising commercially available software modelling packages.
- Generating a performance report ensuring that key system performance criteria and limitations are highlighted. Ensuring that the analysis is re-run as necessary when key data changes.
- Interpreting and creating of specifications both at company and ISO level.
- Working closely with systems engineers supporting the design of hydraulic networks, and specifying hydraulic hoses and hydraulic power unit requirements.
- Ensuring that the System Engineer and Project Engineering Manager are notified of performance restrictions, required interlocks etc.
- Participating in R&D activities to support detail design activities as required by product specialists. Also, participating in Technical Investigations and Studies.
- Creating of hydraulic analysis documents.
- Technical liaison with other departments, customers and the supply base.
- Root cause failure investigations and technical reporting
- Assistance in the preparation of Procedural Instructions and Codes of Practice.
- Operational support throughout the life of the project and when the system is in service.
- Working closely with the analysis team, managing workload and priorities.
What we expect from you?
- Hydraulics/mechanical background, preferably Degree qualified in relevant subject (e.g. hydraulics, fluid dynamics, mechanical engineering, etc).
- A sound and proven understanding of hydraulic systems, and network analysis.
- Competent in engineering mathematics
- Very good English
- Good time management skills and ability to perform to focused schedules
- Strong organization skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong customer mindset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills