EDC Gas Turbine Center Combustion Module Team is globally responsible for Heavy Duty Gas Turbines B/E & F-class combustion systems across all aspects of mechanical design for NPIs, fleet/customers issues resolution and manufacturing support. The Combustion Engineer will primarily focus on HDGT combustion module components mechanical design & analysis, leading mechanical design efforts for assigned components and working with technical leadership locally and globally.
What are your team key projects?
- Work on development, testing, and analysis of advanced technology gas turbine combustion systems considering cost, operability, reliability and emissions, design combustion systems to meet Gas Turbine product goals
- Evaluate design of hardware and combustion system using computational techniques
- Effectively work with Systems, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Aeromechanics and Thermals teams to assure system level achievement of product goals
- Meet schedule and deliver high quality mechanical design work
- Document technical data generated to substantiate that the assigned components, assemblies and/or systems are consistent with engineering requirements, policies and procedures and present them in formal and informal reviews
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
- Execute with guidance the analysis, testing and development of the assigned components
What we expect from you?
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of mechanical design
- Knowledge of CAD software i.e. Unigraphics or similar
- Fundamentals of materials’ strength
- Demonstrated good English language written and verbal communication skills
- Influencing skills working in a global matrix organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
- Structured in approach and well organized
- Familiarity in turbo-machinery
- Understanding of manufacturing processes related to welding, sheet metal forming, machining and brazing
- Experience with Gas Turbine Combustion Systems will be an advantage