An exciting role on offer for a Head of Hardware Engineering looking to play a key role in establishing Hardware Engineering Capability for development of various avionics, allied industries and adjacent markets products for a world leading fortune 100 company.
What are your team key projects?
The hardware team is responsible for all aspects of electronics design, FPGA/ASIC and mechanical packaging. In this role, you will build and manage this multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for owning product and/or artefact delivery to agreed requirements, standards and customer milestones.
This is a critical position that will see you attract and nurture talent, build expertise, communicate vision, energize and motivate the team, lead and manage technical delivery to industry standards such as – but not limited to – DO-254 for Aerospace products and IEC 61508 for industrial products.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of effective team building, developing talent, motivating teams and working to strict deadlines with a winning attitude, ideally within the Aerospace and/or electronics industry under the auspices of a globally recognized quality management system such as AS9100. A strong product/project background and the ability to drive product development with pragmatism to process is a requirement.
You will work on
- Building electronic hardware design capability covering analog, digital, FPGA and mechanical packaging.
- Building hardware design modelling and simulation capability
- High integrity product design for safety critical applications in the aerospace and industrial markets
- Alongside software and systems engineering teams cooperation
- Mainly office based but travel to suppliers/customers and other GE sites in UK and US expected
What we expect from you?
- Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronics engineering or Systems Engineering
- Proven track record of building capability, attracting, nurturing and retaining talent and expertise
- Significant experience of working within the Aerospace and/or Electronics industry
- Strong product/project management background
- Motivator, Influential, passionate to deliver, creative and energetic
- Fluent English skills