The Lead Engineer / Technologist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for GE Gas Power Materials and Processes Engineering (MPE). Primary focus will be on wrought materials used throughout cold and hot sections of a turbine with possible extension to other components of gas turbines. Role will encompass material selection, manufacturing support, material analyses and definition of actions to improve quality of products. In this role the individual will utilize experience and expertise to solve problems, define task objectives and plans, execute on plans for self and others and effectively contribute to short-term and some long-term business goals.
You will work on
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Technical support within materials engineering with respect to projects and products focused on steels and superalloy metallurgy and joining technologies.
- Provide metallurgical support for global (mainly European) sourcing of wrought components for gas turbines; define requirements based on internal specifications and industrial standards
- Disposition of material substitutions and deviations
- Material characterization i.e. defining testing requirements, verification of test reports
- Execute with minimal guidance material analyses and testing
- Demonstrate independence & sound technical judgment to execute on assignments
What we expect from you?
- MSc/PhD in Materials/Metallurgy
- Sound knowledge of steel and superalloy metallurgy
- Experience with manufacturing methods related to wrought steel and superalloys
- Understanding interrelations between the material, manufacturing processes and resulting microstructures and mechanical properties
- Knowledge of materials testing and evaluation of properties
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a global and cross-functional environment
- Self-starter with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated English language written and verbal communication skills including technical English
- Experience working with and/or supporting a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills Strong oral and written communication skills Modern engineering tools knowledge
- Experience with welding and brazing technologies for steels and superalloys.
- Knowledge of International & National Material Standards (ASTM, AMS, ISO, ASME, etc.)
- Previous exposure to international work environment in matrixed organization
- Familiarity with the Power Generation products