What are your team key projects?
Aviation Systems at EDC develops aerostructures design (wing, nacelles) and is expanding its scope of activities to other aircraft components.
Due to engagement in new projects, there is strong demand for experienced mechanical design engineer, who will design, execute on prototype build, test and validate new aircraft components.
You will work on
- Design and development of new aircraft components
- Support build of prototype units
- Participation in testing and design validation
- Ensuring on schedule submission of planned deliverables to external and internal customers.
- Budget estimation needed to complete assigned tasks
- Assuring proper documentation (CAD Models, 2D drawings, reports and manuals) of technical data generated to substantiate assigned components/ assemblies consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Monitoring and communicating project status internally and externally for related activities
- Participation as a presenter or reviewer in technical/ program reviews in person or remotely
- Sharing technical knowledge within the group and across the organization
- Providing technical leadership & guidance to personnel supporting assigned project
- Demonstrating proficiency with core technical tools, methods and concepts
- Leading a team or group within individual discipline
What we expect from you?
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- Demonstrated practical mechanical design in industry, aviation related experience would be an advantage
- Experience in UG/ NX CAD tools (or related CAD software) and GD&T knowledge
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, knowledge of aerospace manufacturing techniques and typical aerospace materials would be an advantage
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to guide and influence others
- Demonstrated team work and self-reliance in assigned tasks
- Target oriented, responsible, open minded, problem solving attitude, "can do" approach
- Demonstrated high written and verbal communication skills, good English (spoken & written)
- Ability to work under time pressure and with budget/ resources constraints
- Ability to travel abroad and work with global team members across cultural boundaries
- Willingness to continuous learning and sharing best practices within the organization