FEM analyses are needed to support manufacturing, field and cost out projects. Mechanical components which are not manufactured according to drawing definition have to be evaluated to assess their life. Analysis results allow making a decision if nonconforming part can be installed in engine or not. During overhauls/shop visits many times it’s being identified that part condition need to be checked as well due to exploitation marks, and FEM analysis is a tool that allows doing that precisely. Additionally all projects where part optimization or redesign are critical need stress and life analyses.
What are your team key projects?
Complete process of FEM model preparation and solving will be performed considering: geometry preparation and simplification, mesh preparation considering shape, size and part complexity, mapping of boundary conditions, model solving and post-processing. There will be a chance to work on multiple types of analyses: static, dynamic, fracture mechanics, bolted joints and others. Additionally you will have an opportunity to learn the process of preparation FEM models according to GE standards and practices, with the use of advanced methods and tool. You will have a chance to see the design path thru the tollgates and reviews. There will be also an option to expand the knowledge related to FEM analyses by working on tools and Standard Analysis Practices development.
What we expect from you?
- Basic knowledge related to aircraft engines/gas turbines
- Basic knowledge of thermodynamics
- Basic knowledge of technical drawings
- Basic knowledge of ANSYS Classic or ANSYS Workbench
- Good knowledge of structure/material mechanics
- Good knowledge of English language
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
What extra you can get?
- Paid internship in international environment with the possibility of professional skills development
- Wide scope of extra benefits for employees and their families, including private healthcare and extra life insurance
- Flexible work time
- Access to modern technologies
- Friendly atmosphere
- Interesting and challenging projects