Company – Lukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation (EDC)
What are your team key projects?
The Logistics Specialist is accountable for the managing all logistics related activities both inbound and outbound to XEOS through the Material Logistic Centre (MLC).
XEOS is a brand-new world class engine overhaul facility being built to overhaul GEnx and GE9X engines. It is a Joint Venture between Lufthansa Technik (LHT) and GE Aviation. The MLC will provide essential materials and logistic services within Gate 2, to support XEOS overhaul process.
You will work on
- Liaise with Material Planner and Warehouse Specialist teams on all logistics queries
- Update ERP with import and export log information
- Manage archiving of import and export clearance documentation
- Be focal point to GE approved logistics providers, to provide all relevant information regarding shipments
- Manage all shipments with logistics providers, customer broker and customs office
- Update smartsheet and other relevant systems as required
- Creation and manage Airwaybill information
- Attention to detail on freight cost and providing path to reduction of costs through optimal shipping profiles
- Working with GE approved freight auditors to clarify freight invoice queries and questions
What we expect from you?
- Higher level or university level education within logistics, customs or relevant field
- Experience working with or using ERP systems
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel, Power Point
- Experience in logistics and customs is highly desired
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Polish
- Passion about creating a lean process flow and initiating positive changes to the business
- Willingness and desire to learn about detailed supply chain logistics and planning
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment, both with suppliers and customer
- Be a self-directing individual
- Ability to scenario plan future events and explore mitigation plans, in case parts arrive later than expected
- High level of attention to detail