What are your team key projects?
You will be leading operational research projects for large digital industrial company within GE Aviation Operating System that is focused on improving end to end business processes across corporate verticals.
Depending on the level of expertise we may consider candidates for senior specialist or expert roles.
You will work on
- Proposing new solutions to inventory optimization and forecasting problems
- Creating and evaluating complex simulation and optimization models
- Evaluating current solutions, comparing with alternatives, composing appropriate metrics
- Preparing rapid prototypes to prove new concepts
- Advising which problems to focus on, based on estimated benefits /added customer value
- Continuously learning about the science of inventory optimization and practical challenges of supply chain management
- Spreading knowledge and understanding of new solutions within the team and communicating externally
What we expect from you?
- Relevant university degree (minimum Master of Science degree in an operational research related discipline, PhD is preferred)
- Significant experience in working as an Operational Researcher or Supply Chain analyst
- Experience with supply chain or service optimization will be a plus
- Strong Quantitative skills (understanding of modeling, statistics, optimization techniques)
- Familiarity in dealing with large time series data sets (Big Data)
- Fundamental knowledge on statistical and analytical design and technologies (SQL, Python, Spark, R, JMP etc.)
- A business acumen and willingness to explore the wide context of each task
- Great communication skills, experience working in a cross-functional, agile team
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a highly multi-tasked environment
- Fluent English skills both verbal and written