Engineering Design Center (EDC) was created under an agreement between General Electric and the Institute of Aviation. Our engineers work in following areas: aircraft jet engines, gas and steam turbines, electric motors and generators, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, as well as industrial installations including pipelines, and automatics. EDC employs over 1800 engineers and is the largest engineering center in the Central Europe.
What are your team key projects?
Gas Power Engineering offers the opportunity to work on the top Heavy Duty Gas Turbines NPI programs and fleet programs. As a team member of global PDE Team the individual will focus on developing product documentation in all currently applied form including but not limited to 3D models, drawings, x-sects, MBPD. Additionally will be deeply engaged in automation and simplification projects that can be leveraged across the cross-functional team.
The Lead Engineer demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
You will work on
- Collaborating with domestic and international engineering teams to generate designs and part definitions.
- Creating definitions of parts and assemblies in the form of BOMs, 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection.
- Creating CAD models in a linked model environment, as well as associated engineering drawings, using NX functionality.
- Perform required model, drawing and BOM checks to assure work quality.
- Working within the limited guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, GE Product Definition Standard Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
- Concurrently working on multiple projects, ensure schedule and quality requirements are met.
- Communicating team progress to all levels of the organization.
- Actively participating in advancing product definition simplification and automation initiatives.
What we expect from you?
- Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science and significant experience in the design of mechanical components and systems. 3D modeling experience
- Experience relevant to indicated position areas of expertise and knowledge of related disciplines
- NX proficiency (or other comparable CAD software)
- Bill of Material experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Understanding of the mechanical engineering
- Demonstrated English language written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Team worker, hard worker, fast-learner, open- minded person, optimistic attitude
- Coding skills in C#, Java or equivalent and Catia proficiency will be additional asset