What are your team key projects?
In this role you will be a lead engineer supporting the Combined Cycle Outage Planning and Extra Work for planned outages. Utilizing your Combined Cycle operation and maintenance expertise along with knowledge of GEK/TIL/Reliability analytics and PGS best practices, you will provide outage scoping and extra work technical recommendations aimed at improving productivity, outage duration, cost avoidance, plant reliability and outage sales opportunity. You will leverage analytics, operational history, best practices, reliability & Availability models and other resources in the development of the optimum outage inspection, repair and extra work scope recommendations. The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
You will work on
- Leading Outage planning calls with site team and regional teams
- Offline data collection health analysis of gas turbines
- Providing to site team, based on unit operational data, unavailability causes and fleet issues, programs driving unit reliability and availability
- Driving outage productivity by disposition and incorporate the most current PGS best practices and Cost-Out tools/programs into the recommendations for a particular ST/GT/Gen frame and type of planned outage
- Supporting creation of Outage planning software
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Prepare action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Evaluate the applicability, categories, timing and parts/CM&U/services requirements of TIL’s
- Generate a documented outage scope recommendation including extra work report aligned to productivity, cost and cycle targets, reliability and performance goals, and Customer value
- Interact with cross-functional teams at multiple levels in the execution of productivity programs, to include but not limited to: Product Service, Product Lines, MYA Risk, Design COE, Reliability Engineering, Customer Support Engineering, Application Engineering, Parts, Sourcing and RTCOE
- Assess unit health through evaluation of unit operational data, data analytics, historical outage reports, fleet issues, and both fleet and unit specific part’s distress modes/events history
- Generate interval outage scope recommendations aligned to productivity cost and cycle targets, reliability and performance goals, and Customer value
- Maintain a current level of awareness and understanding of fleet issues with associated corrective actions
- Integrate LEAN Six Sigma, Simplification, and other quality tools into day-to-day activities
What we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Significantf experience in an engineering capacity
- Significant experience with turbomachinery in an engineering capacity
- Technical background in the design of gas turbines
- Effective interpersonal, Communication skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix global organization
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic business environment
- Be able to connect the loose ends and present a comprehensive story
- Familiarity with Weibull++, or reliability estimates.
- Good Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Understanding of Gas Turbines maintenance