What are your team key projects?
EDC Gas Turbine Center Turbine Module Team is globally responsible for B/E-class power plants engines turbine modules (structures, blades, nozzles, rotors) as well as all GE gas turbines fleet (E/F-class engines) structures across all aspects of mechanical design for NPIs, fleet/customers issues resolution and manufacturing support. The Turbine Module Engineer / Lead Engineer will primarily focus on turbine module components mechanical design & analysis, leading mechanical design efforts for assigned components and working with local technical leadership and with global team around the world daily, including suppliers, GE factories and customers interactions.
You will work on
- Execute with limited or minimal guidance the analysis and development of the assigned components
- Serve as a designer of assigned turbine hardware, including overall responsibility for all aspects of mechanical design – analysis, design reviews, model/drawing definition, manufacturing / assembly support.
- Execute on NPI programs and support field, manufacturing issues resolution working with Systems, Design, Manufacturing, Product Support and Suppliers teams to assure system level achievement of product goals.
- Effectively document results and present them in formal and informal reviews, document technical data generated to substantiate the assigned components, assemblies and/or systems consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and projects commitments.
What we expect from you?
- MSc in Mechanical/Structural Engineering with strong & meaningful professional engineering experience in mechanical design if applying for Lead Engineer position
- Experience in engineering design processes, knowledge of engineering tools (3D modelling, FEM)
- Demonstrated English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of mechanics, dynamics and strength of materials
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and dynamic environment, to work with minimal supervision
- Influencing skills & working in a global matrix organization.
- Familiarity in turbomachinery (aircraft engines, gas turbines for power industry)
- Experience with Turbine Module hardware (buckets, nozzles, structures, rotors) will be an advantage.
- Edison / Advanced Course in Engineering graduation will be an asset