What are your team key projects?
Senior Engineer in this role will lead several business processes and projects to optimize the life cycles within the aero-derivative gas turbine fleet. The main activities are build around condition-based and operations-based maintenance recommendations, hot-section and major overhaul interval extensions, multi-year agreement (MYA) risk assessments, performance degradation analysis, reliability-availability-maintainability (RAM) engineering, and field service and depot productivity.
You will work on
- Own yearly business processes that analyze engineering life cycle data to adjust hot section and major overhaul maintenance intervals and RAM risk guarantee levels in support of our MYA portfolio.
- Execute product cost out and productivity projects related to condition-based and operations-based maintenance.
- Execute product cost out and productivity projects related to field service and service center work scopes.
- Support "ELITE" life cycle database growth having real impact on the involved processes .
- Participate in executing RAM field fix programs and issuing service bulletins.
- Engage with a wide cross-functional team, including both design and services functions across the GE Power team to ensure life cycle projects and processes are on the right path from approval till implementation process.
- Serve as technical expert within assigned discipline and product service engineering support as necessary/upon request.
What we expect from you?
- Significant gas turbine technology experience
- Experience in project/team management
- Previous experience with RAM or lifing data analysis
- BS degree or above in an engineering discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Less than 5% travel
- Aero-derivative gas turbine experience, especially LM6000, LM2500, and LMS100
- Data analysis skills and familiarity with data analysis software (Weibull analysis, etc)
- Familiarity with gas turbine and package common failure modes and performance degradation drivers
- Familiarity with the many operating profiles, configurations, and environmental challenges that the Gas Turbine fleet experiences
- Demonstrated team player
- Creative, out-side-the-box thinker
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills